Friday, August 7, 2009

Do Not Buy Your Mom a Computer

Some of you may assume that I am a heartless bastard, but that is an incorrect assumption. I donate my time to teach my mom how to use a computer. Now that I am a "writer," I decided to write this as a script.


INT. OFFICE
Important Hollywood Agent (me) is immaculately dressed in a suave suit. His ultra sleek black berry rings.

ME
Hi, mom.

(Although we do not see the mother, she is probably wearing pajamas. She’s old, give her a break).

MOTHER
I need your help.

ME
Let me guess, you are having problems with your computer.

MOTHER
Don’t assume I need help with my computer, I’m getting good with it.

ME
What do you need help with?

MOTHER
My computer.

ME
What’s wrong with it?

MOTHER
Nothing happens when I move the clicky thing.

ME
It’s called a mouse.

MOTHER
Yeah. Nothing happens when I move the mouse.

ME
What is on the screen?

MOTHER
I can’t really tell. It’s really dark.

ME
Is it black... Like it is turned off?

MOTHER
Oh...

ME
(large sigh) Is the computer on?

MOTHER
I don’t know. How do I tell?

ME
Is the round light blinking?

MOTHER
No.

ME
Click that.

MOTHER
I’m clicking... Nothing happens.

ME
Is the power cord plugged in?

MOTHER
We don’t need that.

ME
Um... Yeah you do.

MOTHER
No, your father installed WIRELESS last week.

ME
(long, exasperated sigh) No... That’s not how that works. Plug in the computer.


-See what I deal with? I'm a saint.-

No comments:

Post a Comment